Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fixing Our Videos

So one of the little things that has been driving me crazy for almost a year is our video library. We have some awesome and dead useful instructional videos showing the step-by-step application of a Wall Written Statement.
We made these videos by borrowing my dad's sweet video camera, then my sister, Natalie, had a five minute lesson on videography, and we cranked out some movies like it's nobody's business. Having no previous editing experience, I sat down for two days and put together some rough-but-good-enough videos for your viewing pleasure.
The clincher (and what's been giving me that irritated twitch whenever I so much as think of YouTube) is: when I rendered the good-enough videos, they became blurry and not good enough anymore.
Want to see one and decide for yourself? I present to you Exhibit A: Blurry Step One Video:

BUT (eedle-deedle!) today I was able to sit down with an awesome videographer who is going to edit our videos and re-render them for us within the next week or two. I'm so excited!
Another cause for excitement, is that we'll probably be able to make some more useful videos with application tips, design ideas and craft projects, as well as some tutorials for our website. So look forward to that for the summer.
Does anybody have a suggestion for a video project you'd like to see us make? Just leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment